Thursday, February 23, 2006

British recommendations of foreign books

Carol O'Sullivan recently posted a pointer on the British Council for Literary Translation listserv about a British blog effort:

"Guardian Culture Vulture blog has been running a monthly series of calls for recommendations of foreign books which is interesting to scroll through and maybe contribute to; I think they have looked at Polish and Czech literature so far. Archived posts can be found at http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/culturevulture/."

The current post, "Czech In: World literature tour," is by Sarah Crown, who describes a tidal wave of response to her previous post on Polish literature.

It will be interesting to see when she first ventures outside the EU.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola! Well done on a nice blog MBS. I was looking for information on spanish poems and came across your post British recommendations of foreign books - not precisely what I was looking for related to spanish poems but an interesting read all the same!

You see I've just started out learning Spanish. I think I've found a pretty good method, but I'm constantly trying to learn more - faster - and improve. I can't wait to get over to Panama. Already made contact with a few hot Latina chicks. Looks VERY promising. Just got to improve on the Spanish :o)

If you'd like to keep an eye on my progress and perhaps provide some helpful advice, everyone's welcome. Please just surf over to Learn Spanish for Love. I look forward to meeting you.

Hasta luego!